Hi loves,
I haven't written a blog in awhile, mostly because as you all know my life has been full of craziness. But as I was sitting here tonight in all my insomniatic (this was not a word, but now is) glory, I decided it was time to write another one.
I've been doing a lot of reading, listening and watching lately of various celebrities and inspiring people, trying to figure out how to live the "gay life" with happiness and contentment. And you know what I've mostly learned (other than lots of things that I'm not going to discuss on my blog)? A lot of "non-gay" people have absolutely no clue about the gay community. So, after much research, I wanted to clear up a few misconceptions for all of you who do not speak fluent gay:
1. Being gay is not a choice. I did not wake up last December and say, "You know what: I think I want a nice big cock for breakfast this morning." If I made any choice, it was to accept who I am and try to live my life as a happy, proud individual. I do not know of anyone who would intentionally choose a life of hardship, discrimination and hate, but I assure you I am not one of those people. Now, that is not to say that if I had a choice, I would go the other way. I am so happy to be exactly me. I just wish everyone else could be.
2. Not all gays are slutty. In fact, as many of you reading this know, I have yet to do anything with a member of the male gender. This is including but not limited to sex, kissing, and holding hands. My views on relationships have not changed since I chose to accept who I was- I am waiting for the right man to come along before I share any of those things. They are precious to me and I will not give them away to just anyone. Now, that is just me. And sure, there are gays that are slutty- very slutty. Just as there are "non-gay" people who are very slutty. There is nothing wrong with that, as it is their life to live in whatever manner makes them happy. I just wanted you to be aware that it wasn't a universal pre-req to get your gay card.
3. For all the straight men- no, I am not attracted to you. Unless I am. See how that works? I am not attracted to every man, just as you (a straight man) are not attracted to every woman. Now, there have been many straight men I have been attracted to, but that is because of their individual appearance and/or personality, not because they're a man. I will never understand why most straight men are so uncomfortable around gay men. We're just people- you can talk to us, I promise we won't try to go down on you. Unless you want us to. But that's a very different conversation.
4. Enough with the stereotypes. I am so sick of gay profiling I actually want to hit someone- but I won't because I might break a nail. But seriously, just like all straight men do not watch mind-numbingly long hours of sports and adjust themselves in public, not all gay men speak in ear-splittingly high voices and know the entire script to A Chorus Line. Are there tendencies? Sure. But that doesn't mean you get the right to say "Oh, that guy has a lisp, so he must be gay." Just like you don't say "Oh, that girl doesn't like to wear dresses, she must be a lesbian." Unless you do, and if you do, I really don't like you and I don't want you around me. Thanks.
I think that covers the biggest things I've learned in my reading and video-trolling thus far. Feel free to ask me questions, leave me comments on what I said, or tell me how much my opinions offend you. I won't care, but feel free to tell me!
Love and kisses,
Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment