Hello friends,
I'm going to tell you a little story about my night last night. Glean from it what you will:
After going shopping with my sister Kelsey for a new outfit for my date on Friday, I stopped by the 24/7 ABC store by my house, got some diet coke and vodka, and headed home. As you know, this is my typical Saturday night.
Well, the entire flask of vodka later, my roommates come home. This is around 11:30. My roommate Jason comes in my room and we start talking as we are apt to do on late nights. Also I was toasted and feeling very honest and open. We start talking about just everything. My job, his job, parental issues, and just a whole gamut of topics.
At some point, we circle around to talking about my other roommate, Michael. I don't remember all the details of the conversation for obvious reasons, but at some point Jason is talking about how open and accepting he (Michael) is, except when it comes to certain things. I pressed him for what he meant, and he didn't even take a breath before saying "Homosexuality. He doesn't understand it, he doesn't accept it, and he really doesn't like it. He's gotten a little better over the years after interacting with some gay people, but he still really hates it."
At this point, I lost complete interest in the conversation. I knew my roommates were never completely open and supporting of non-hetero lifestyles, but I had no idea that at least Michael actually hates it. At least now I know where I stand.
No comments:
Post a Comment